CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 8, 2008

Beating the Heat!

Summer has been odd here in the Northwest, some hot days, some warm, a lot of cloudy and humid days. We have a portable air conditioner in our home, we don't have central air. Our house tends to heat up.
Therefore, cooking with the oven is not an option unless used early in the morning. So what have I been using?
My Crockpot.
Yes ladies and gents, the return of ol' faithful. Where do I get my recipe ideas from? Crockpot365. This lady is crockpotting every day this year and posting her recipes. Some are pretty outrageous, but I have found some reasonable ones as well. My sister in law, lovely Sarah, makes some GREAT pulled pork sandwiches with her crockpot. What is your specialty?

2 comments:

3 Short Ones said...

Yummy! I love my crock pot, use it all the time. Our favorites: pork in mustard sauce, pulled pork, pork verde, masa chili, cooking my chicken for all those chicken type dishes, roast & potatoes....I could go on and on! I will check out this site for even more fun stuff.

Tam said...

French dip sandwiches! The easiest recipe! Take one roast, sear it on the stove, put it in the crockpot with 1 can beef broth, 1 can french onion soup and one bottle of beer. Cook on low 8-10 hours and slice thin...delicious!